Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My soothing balm has finally arrived!

I received my Eczema & Psoriasis Balm from Moogoo finally! It took them almost 1 month, which seemed a tad long due to lost mail. Thankfully they replaced the shipment promptly!

Moogoo's Eczema Solution suitable for both children & adult
As mentioned in my previous entry, I do have a case of eczema after returning from an overseas trip to my hot and humid country. Doctors do not know the exact cause but prescribed me dosages of anti-histamine and a hydrocortisone cream (i.e. steroid cream). When I was younger, I had some bad experiences and some side effect from using steroid creams which causes skin thinning and discoloration (darken parts of your skin which the cream is applied on). So I went in search of an alternative and came across Moogoo. I'm also using Moogoo's Soothing MGM cream as a complement.

I did also explore several other options such as Aveeno's cream for eczema, Renew intensive skin therapy etc but they were all unsuccessful. In particular, I felt Aveeno's cream was really thick and left a "sticky" unfinished feel on my skin no matter how much I tried to massage the moisturizer in. However at this point, it is worthy to note that whatever works for me may not work for another. It's all a trial and error processs. So yes, its important to find out what works for you and if you are even mildly allergic to anything!

Eczema & Psoriasis Balm

The Balm is also known as "Irritable Skin Balm" in some countries. It sells for AUD 16.90 on their website - www.moogoo.com.au - and also in malaysia for RM 69.00.

There's a "herbs" smell that comes along with the cream and generally leaves a soothing feel to the inflamed skin areas. It is also easily absorbed into the skin and does not leave a sticky or uncomfortable feeling.

My Parcel!

On a side note, this is my first time ordering form the website and it was nice to see my tubes of balm came in this cute box!

By the way, I'm currently residing in Singapore and I normally buy in bulk. So if you're also located here and want to try the product, I'm willing to let go of some of my purchases (in full unused tubes/tubs) at the cost which you can buy on the website + my import postage fees + postage fees to deliver to you. Do drop me a message at dollypalettes[at]gmail[dot]com if you are interested in just trying out a tube/tub. I'm only doing this out of goodwill cause I understand that we, people with sensitive skin, want to try the products for some time before deciding that yes, this is the cream! 

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for dropping by! Do exchange your tips or share your thoughts with me! xxx