Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Lets start off my new beauty hoards and skin care treasures blog with some beauty quotes!


Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


“It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.” - Anon

This blog came about as I started to pay more attention to the stuff I was using on my face, my body and my hair after an eczema breakout upon returning from an overseas trip! I noticed that certain chemicals were bad in general but formed major portions of various skin care products and even in make-up. So well, this blog will remind me which products are good and which I have found to be bad for my skin. I'll probably also add in some two cents about make up brushes, or any other beauty hoards like nail polishes and other random buys! I may also share about my eczema experience and dealing with it since I live in hot and humid Singapore and I personally feel that there's a lack of eczema skincare support in this little island as compared to Aussie, UK and USA where there are formal associations formed and many many creams and non-steriod topical creams developed for eczema healing. 

So yes, I've got loads to share with you and I'm really excited about sharing and hearing from you guys! Meanwhile, please also be patient with me as I'm just a newbie starting out in this new area. I'll probably be using alot of layman terms as my knowledge of jargons and lingos in this area is far and limited! 

For my inaugural post, I'd just like to share my purchase today - Shiseido's foundation brush! I've yet to use it but I've read/heard so much about it that I couldn't resist it; especially with it priced at SGD 40! I was in luck, it was the last available piece at the counter! 

Here's some pictures, my commentary will be up after a few tries at it! It is not a huge brush nor your typical expected foundation brush size but its handy and I do like the bristles alot! They are well angled and yet soft at the same time, obviously they do not prickle as well! However as you can tell from my picture on the left, it is really tiny. The small picture on the bottom right compares my sigma F40 large angled contour blusher brush; the shiseido brush ended up about half the size! 


However, I did hear that there's a certain way to use this brush well. It can used for both liquid and compact foundations. Enjoy the video (unfortunately it is in cantonese)!





Update after 1 week of use: This brush is awesome! I typically deep cleanse my brushes on a weekly basis and sometimes my brushes will accumulate the amount of make-up over the days and application performance would obviously deterioriate throughout the week. However this foundation brush does not have this issue! I use it daily with my liquid foundation. It not only spreads evenly even on Day 7 of the week but the bristles continue to feel soft and comfortable! I love this brush and if you're using liquid foundation and sick of using sponges, do turn to this, its the perfect foundation brush as the name calls it! Remember to learn the correct way of using this brush though, otherwise you'll not see the pure goodness and beauty of this sweet little thing! 

Unfortunately I don't use any compact foundations but during the demo by the sales lady when I bought the brush, it did apply equally well! I'm labeling this as a "must-have"!! 

My Summarized Review: At only SGD 40, this is a relatively affordable foundation brush which is totally worth it. Look forward to smooth and flawless applications to set a good base for the rest of the makeup! Absolutely hearts this product, its going into one of favourite items category! 


I give this 5 out of 5 smooches! Score: ♥/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for dropping by! Do exchange your tips or share your thoughts with me! xxx