Saturday, September 1, 2012

Review: Biotherm Skin.Ergetic Concentrate

Hello! Today I'm back with a review on Biotherm's Skin.Ergetic Concentrate. Yes I know that this product was out last year and I've been trying it since January this year. I prefer to give a suitable amount of time before reviewing products as the effects may take time to come through or on the flipside, see negative impacts after some time too.

When I was shopping for a serum, my final 2 choices were between this product and Lancome's Genifique. Due to the latter's high alcohol content, Biotherm's gimmick of the broccoli extract won me over! Since none of my friends around me have tried this product, I read several reviews and decided that I should just go for it... afterall I was looking really tired and this serum as meant to "to fight the most visible sign of fatigue". Yes marketing sells sometimes...



The other selling point of this product was the target group - for a younger crowd - who notices their first sign of aging! It claims to reverse the aging signs to boost radiance and smoother features. This selling point was backed with the product's 99% of Natural Origin ingredients, paraben-free, mineral-oil free, synthetic colorant-free and most importantly, suitable for sensitive skin. It has ingredients such as Broccoli (sulforaphane), Apple (botanical cell), Soy (protein), lemon (AHA), Sugar Cane (AHA) etc.

The packaging was gimmicky with a "mix your own serum" which makes you feel that the product is truly amazing or 'fresh'. It claims to have a lifespan of approximately 3 good months before the miracle of the powder which you inject into the bottle runs out.

In essence, they give you a sachet of powder which Biotherm claims to contact broccoli extract and you are meant to use the other they gave to inject the powder into bottle, shake it well, before you start using with the dropper. A 1.5cm diameter amount is sufficient for each use. This website gives a clear step-by-step process of injecting the powder.

In terms of the serum, it is white, smooth and has a slight tinge of veggie-fruity-like fragrance which is calming to some but not for anti-veggimites. It applies well with a slightly thicker consistent texture (some say a little slimy) and is quickly absorbed into my skin but the smell stays on the skin for some time. The serum does not leave a sticky or oily layer which works well if you are applying your moisturizer after that.

Unfortunately for me, this product did not work for my sensitive skin. I wanted so much to believe in it but my face kept breaking out with red irritation and lumps of acne that doesn't seem to be extractable after using this serum. I'm still stuck with some of this bumps. I gave it a couple of tries, stopping in between each breakout but this product simply did not work for me. Besides the irritation, my face did not improve in radiance nor was sufficiently providing moisturizer (to my horror, many commented on my dry facial skin only after I started on this product. This made me wonder about the real ingredients of this product.)

So all in all, this is no go for me and I certainly would not be recommending it to anyone at all. Harsh but no I won't want to risk it again especially every time I see the unextractable bumps... sobs. Do note that I have nothing against Biotherm, in fact i've been using their Aquasource moisturizer for a long long time, amidst all the product changes that it has gone through. Still, as mentioned that much as I wanted this product to work, it failed me. No bias-ness.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for dropping by! Do exchange your tips or share your thoughts with me! xxx