Saturday, August 4, 2012

Reivew: Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Review

Hello sweeties! I'm back today with Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX Review! Despite Singapore being a hot and humid tropical country, I find my facial skin dehydrated. This is likely caused by my long hours in an air-conditioned room (office + sleeping time) and the make-up I slap on my face each morning. So I went in search for a hydrating solution, tried a couple of brands and viola! This finally worked!


DollyPalette's quick review summary: Recommended to buy, good for hassle-free hydration especially for dry skin type and those living in wintery or cool conditions. Appear to suit sensitive skin. Like the fact that there's no alcohol content in the formula. If you must just have one overnight leave-on mask, choose this if cost isn't too much of a concern. 


Laneige Water Sleeping Pack is a gel mask that allows you to leave it on your face before sleeping, leaving the formula to work itself overnight to 
(i) aid facial hydration loss (especially if you sleep in an air-con room or wintery conditions);
(ii) help replenish your face's hydration needs leaving your skin supple
(iii) rejuvenate and brighten your face
In short, one key purpose for applying this facial mask -- facial hydration!


The one I am using today is the Water Sleeping Pack_EX, which apparently is the new improved version. I didn't use the predecessor. 


Given my sensitive skin, most of the Laneige water bank solutions did not work for me. Hence I was rather skeptical when my good friends recommended me this product. I was afraid of peeling, itchy red skin after my experience with the water bank series. However, after a long search for an overnight mask, which included the highly recommended Avene Soothing Moisture Mask for Sensitive Skin, only Laneige Water Sleeping Pack worked as promised on its packaging. Moisture was locked into my face evident every morning after I used it. It's so simple and easy to use that I'm addicted to it, leaving it on my face at least 4-5 times weekly. To be honest, I'm surprised it worked for me given the fragrance which they had injected into the gel.




The top ingredients, other than WATER which is the first, for this product includes: 

  • Butylene Glycol is not Ethylene Glycol. BG helps to retain moisture and is even safe to consume in v small amounts; 
  • Cyclopentasiloxane is clear and odourless, in this case, I'm guessing it should be used to help the formula evaporate faster to prevent leaving a gooey finish; Trehalose
  • Glycerin helps to retain moisture and commonly used in health and skincare products
  • Trehalose high water retention capabilities with an anti-oxidant edge
  • Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract can apparently help to treat bacteria infection

Key notes from the ingredient analysis:

  • no oil and alcohol content! hurray!
  • loves the fact that water is the first and main ingredient
  • The top 5 ingredients are all pretty harmless and mainly focused on hydration
 
How I use this product:
After my routine nightly cleanse and toner, I use the spatula provided to scoop a suitable amount out for application. I leave it to sit on my face for at least 30 mins before sleeping. I massage the gel in circles and end it with a few light pats on my face to ensure that all is absorbed. Lastly, I exercise my face a little as proposed by Laneige (see their website). You're done and prepared for your hydrating beauty sleep!


Next morning, you'll notice a layer or clear thin residual on your face which can be removed after a splash of water, if it doesn't, then massage your face in circles. It should come off pretty quickly. Proceed with your usual routine. Mine's a facial wash, toner and moisturizer before painting my face for the day! 


By the way, I heard that if you aren't sleeping in a cool environment, then you'll expect to wake up with a oily flm instead, but after washing it off, you should still be able to enjoy the hydrating effects. 


Let your face enjoy the pampering hydration!


What I think after 3 months of testing:
No doubt my facial hydration has improved, more supple, but no... I still don't see a crystal clear effect. The brightening effect is also rather muted. 


Do you see one side looking more moisturized?
In short... I'm really sold to this product but it has also made me lazier such that I have on lesser facial masks like the ones I really like from Skin Food. Having said that, as long as you get your facial skin smooth and supple, there's no saying that you have to use ALL these products ain't it? 


So yes, if you're still hesistant, I strongly encourage you to go get a pack for yourself to try. My travel size pack, which I used as a tester, is sold on Sasa's webpage. Get that if you don't want to pay S$45 for a tub yet. 


Would I repurchase? Certainly! In fact, I just bout the duo set from Changi Airport which is a travel exclusive. (approx S$60+) Otherwise, you can find it at all major departmental stores in Singapore which houses Laneige counters. 





1 comment:

Hello, thanks for dropping by! Do exchange your tips or share your thoughts with me! xxx